Air in filter

Apr 9, 2014
Winter Haven, FL
Everytime I come home from work I can open the pressure release valve and air comes out. I'm thinking it shouldn't be like this, still new, but I don't know where I would be drawing in air. The basket part is always pressurized, and when the filter is off and I open the pressure relief the water goes down. is the air in the filter normal?

No, air in the filter is not normal. If there is a small air leak in the plumbing it can cause the effect you describe. A large air leak will cause the pump to lose prime or an obvious water leak, but a small air leak is difficult to notice and has little effect other than filling the filter full of air.

Air getting into the system points to a suction side air leak. I'll recycle my usual response. You might also try using the search box for suction side air leaks.

Round up the usual suspects: low water level, stuck weir (flapper) in the skimmer, loose drain plugs on the pump, poor seal on the pump strainer basket, and leaks at the fittings, especially any couplings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.