Jandy Aquapure 1400 - no power at cell

Jun 28, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have a Jandy Aquapure 1400 and it isn't generating chlorine. Last summer the pool temp, Auquapure settings, and salinity disappeared from the PDA. I bought a new sensor and while it did generate chlorine, the info never returned to the PDA. Just recently it quit generating chlorine. Ran through the troubleshooting guide and on the backboard the reading for the the AC voltage between T.P.-A and T.P.-B was 87 volts. The DC millivoltsfrom K to H where the reading should be approximately 120 DC millivolts was 0. The DC readings at the backboard for the cell was also 0. Also 0 at the cell. The frontboard tested normally and it shows power, flow, and that the cell is producing. It also gives salinity, flow, and pool temp. So is my back board toast?

Thanks in advance,

John

Welcome to TFP :wave: Someone will be along shortly to help you! :)

There was another thread with a similar issue. My installer and I spoke with his Jandy rep yesterday and was told there was a production issue with the board for the SWG. They are sending us a new one - don't know what models it applies too beyond mine but I'm guessing the circuitry is probably recycled from model to model.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.