Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 - no power at cell

1. Back To Top    #1

Atlanta, GA

Jandy Aquapure 1400 - no power at cell

I have a Jandy Aquapure 1400 and it isn't generating chlorine. Last summer the pool temp, Auquapure settings, and salinity disappeared from the PDA. I bought a new sensor and while it did generate chlorine, the info never returned to the PDA. Just recently it quit generating chlorine. Ran through the troubleshooting guide and on the backboard the reading for the the AC voltage between T.P.-A and T.P.-B was 87 volts. The DC millivoltsfrom K to H where the reading should be approximately 120 DC millivolts was 0. The DC readings at the backboard for the cell was also 0. Also 0 at the cell. The frontboard tested normally and it shows power, flow, and that the cell is producing. It also gives salinity, flow, and pool temp. So is my back board toast?

Thanks in advance,

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 - no power at cell

Welcome to TFP Someone will be along shortly to help you!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

United States

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 - no power at cell

There was another thread with a similar issue. My installer and I spoke with his Jandy rep yesterday and was told there was a production issue with the board for the SWG. They are sending us a new one - don't know what models it applies too beyond mine but I'm guessing the circuitry is probably recycled from model to model.
    ~25k gal IG Gunite w/ Gemstone Quartz Plaster & Spa, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump (Main), Boost Pump, and Whisperflo Pump (Waterfall/Spa), Jandy Pro Series Salt Water Chlorinator; stamped concrete deck, natural rock waterfall