Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with pump pres. after first backwash

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with pump pres. after first backwash

We just installed this pool and as per instructions did a backwash and then rinse but the pressure is staying in the yellow abt 12 psi?? tried the backwash/rinse several times same results? any idea what I may have wrong
    Intex 22'x52" 10.5k round ultra frame agp Intex 16" sand/salt water system pump model#28681eg k2006 taylor test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with pump pres. after first backwash

Ignore the color codes. If the sand is fresh and clean, your starting pressure is 12. When it rises to 16, you need to backwash again.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Richard I am supposed to run it for 24 hours now since putting in the salt how often should I check on it?
    Intex 22'x52" 10.5k round ultra frame agp Intex 16" sand/salt water system pump model#28681eg k2006 taylor test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by joeam View Post
    Thanks Richard I am supposed to run it for 24 hours now since putting in the salt how often should I check on it?
    With a fresh fill... once a day when you check the skimmers and test the water. Unless you filled it from a pond or something, it should go weeks and weeks, possibly months, between cleanings.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

yes sir it is local water supply fairly clean it took us 3 days to fill it so while im waiting for the salt to circulate can I add some Cyanuric acid or just wait for my first test in a couple of days?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by joeam View Post
    yes sir it is local water supply fairly clean it took us 3 days to fill it so while im waiting for the salt to circulate can I add some Cyanuric acid or just wait for my first test in a couple of days?
    There won;t be any CYA in tap water, so yes, add some now that you have circulation.

7. Back To Top    #7

cool thanks for the help sir

8. Back To Top    #8

ok so I installed the intex skimmer we purchased so I could add a sock with the cya in it and my pressure came down to 9 but I am seeing bubbles in the pre filter small but they are there and it appears it is leaking at the bottom hmmm not a happy camper

9. Back To Top    #9

Does anyone have any experience with pre filter leaking on this model sand filter? should there be air bubbles in there?