Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tilted above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Brownsville, Tx

tilted above ground pool

1403980647819.jpgHello!! I am new to owning a pool. We bought a 16' x 48" metal frame above ground pool, it's already filled out, but I noticed now that it's tilted to one side, even "some" of the metal frames are. My yard its a little uneven in some parts. Is this a big issue? I'm so worried. I'll send a picture. Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: tilted above ground pool

Yes. It is a BIG issue and dangerous for anyone in the pool and probably your neighbors as well! You should know that our advice is to fix it. If we could only figure out a way for an AGP to show how unlevel it would be if filled with water BEFORE filling it, we'd make millions! Best you can do is level, level, level. Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!

Industry standard says that the pool should be level within 1" all the way around. Any more than that and you are putting the pool at risk of structural failure.

Leveling and proper support under the verticals are the most important thing when setting up an above ground pool.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

You're going to need to redo this. I can see that the blocks are covered on the side leaning and as you go to the left, the blocks start to appear. It's doing that because it's not level.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter