Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ideal heater plumbing connection location and equipment required

1. Back To Top    #1

Ideal heater plumbing connection location and equipment required

I'm trying to figure out if plugging my heater (actually a heat exchanger) is as simple as what I have in mind.

Do I simply need to install 2 three way valves between my chlorinator and the return to the pool? If this is the case, any recommandations concerning the valves? Anything else?

Many thanks.

IMG_1957.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2650 gal (10k litres) IG Fibro F20 Fiberglass, 1 HP Hayward SuperPump, Hayward Pro series top mount filter (glass filled), Pentair intellichlor
    Salt Chlorine Generator, Savi Melodi LED light (1), Bowman CN-200P Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchangers (plumbed to domestic natural gas hot water tank)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ideal heater plumbing connection location and equipment required

You are going to want the heater and bypass connection before the SWG. The SWG should feed directly to the pool. Otherwise chlorine concentration and out gassing will affect the performance of the heater.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Just purchased 2 Jandy 3 way valves and wanted general advice prior to gluing. I'm realizing a lot of unions and couplers will be reduced to waste with my new set up because well gluing is a one way street. What is the general consensus on gluing relatively expensive valves? Always use at least x amount of PVC pipe to make sure it'll be possible to reuse them in a different configuration in the future?

Thanks again
    2650 gal (10k litres) IG Fibro F20 Fiberglass, 1 HP Hayward SuperPump, Hayward Pro series top mount filter (glass filled), Pentair intellichlor
    Salt Chlorine Generator, Savi Melodi LED light (1), Bowman CN-200P Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchangers (plumbed to domestic natural gas hot water tank)

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea, 6+" of clear pipe on either side of a valve is always a good idea.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School