backflushing daily

ggenovez

May 27, 2012
Hi everyone.

I have a 15000 gal salt water pool I'm having trouble with. I have a compupool 16 chlorinator.

I just took apart the DE filter and cleaned it out. It had green slime all over it. Pool is a little green.

After I cleaned it and added 6 lbs of DE it ran fine for a week. Then every time I back flush it, it goes from 14PSI to 25 PSI in 24 hours. The filter is running 24H so I can clean out the murkiness and get the chlorine up but it's not working even though the Chlorinaotr is at 100%. I've cleaned that out as well

My back flush procedure is, backflush for 30 Seconds, filter 30 seconds, and I repeat that for 3-4 times. then add 3 lbs of DE

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Your cloudy pol is a chemical problem, not a filter problem. The filter is just another symptom.

We end a full set of test results, but I'm going out on a limb here saying you need a SLAM

:testresults:

I'm going to guess your problems with the SWG before allowed the FC to drop and algae moved in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.