Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: backflushing daily

1. Back To Top    #1

backflushing daily

Hi everyone.

I have a 15000 gal salt water pool I'm having trouble with. I have a compupool 16 chlorinator.

I just took apart the DE filter and cleaned it out. It had green slime all over it. Pool is a little green.

After I cleaned it and added 6 lbs of DE it ran fine for a week. Then every time I back flush it, it goes from 14PSI to 25 PSI in 24 hours. The filter is running 24H so I can clean out the murkiness and get the chlorine up but it's not working even though the Chlorinaotr is at 100%. I've cleaned that out as well

My back flush procedure is, backflush for 30 Seconds, filter 30 seconds, and I repeat that for 3-4 times. then add 3 lbs of DE

What am I doing wrong?

15,000Gal AG , Plaster, DE, 1.5HP, Compupool SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Re: backflushing daily

You are likely not back flushing long enough. You also need to get chlorine in the water via manual addition of Bleach or you are just moving live algae around. Your Filter will continue to clog up pretty quickly.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Your cloudy pol is a chemical problem, not a filter problem. The filter is just another symptom.

We end a full set of test results, but I'm going out on a limb here saying you need a SLAM

I'm going to guess your problems with the SWG before allowed the FC to drop and algae moved in.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Test results?
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter