cant get FC reading

I have read and read about this but still cannot get my FC up.
I have added water and waited until the combined has lowered to almost nothing but no matter how many gallons of bleach I add I cannot get a FC reading.
I really feel stupid since I dont understand the wonderful charts provided on this site.
Please help me
The water is crystal clear and all readings are good with the exception of FC

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Post up a full set of test results and tell us how you got them and please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

The key cycle when SLAMing is to add chlorine, give it time to mix in, test the FC level, and if it isn't up to SLAM level (based on CYA level) add more chlorine, and repeat.

With CYA at 60, your target is an FC level of 24. Since your FC level is zero, you need to add 24 ppm of chlorine, which in your pool is roughly 3.5 gallons of 8.25% bleach.

fc 0
combined .5
alk 130
ph 7.6
total hardness 200
cya 60

I have read and added bleach but really dont fully understand the Slamming process

12,000 vinyl with de filter,

Water is crystal clear
You still haven't said where you got those results... certain tests bleach out at high chlorine levels and read falsely low. That's why we ask.

The Shock Level and Maintain process is really not that complicated. Shock level is a FC level that is high enough to kill algae faster than it can reproduce, but not so high it can damage the pool. With CYA of 60, shock level FC needs to be 24. The Maintain part is keep it there. Plug your FC reading into poolmath as "now" and set 24 as "target" and add the appropriate amount of whatever strength bleach you have. In an hour or two, test FC again. Plug that number into "Now", keep 24 as target, and do it again. Eventually, the FC loss will start to slow down and you will need less and less bleach each time. And by then, it should make sense when you read the SLAM directions again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.