Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace Burnt out Pool light

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace Burnt out Pool light

So my pool is only 7 months old and of course one of my pool lights is burnt out. Do I need to drain the pool below the light so that I can replace the bulb? Thanks in advance for any advice!
    27100 gallon in ground Pool/Spa, SWG, Pebble Sheen-Aqua Blue, (All Pentair Equipment) Pentair VS Pump, Cartridge- filter, build completed Dec. 2013, Houston, Texas

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Replace Burnt out Pool light

No draining required. Normally you remove a screw or two and the light comes loose and you have enough wire to put it on the deck to replace the bulb.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Replace Burnt out Pool light

Its recommended to replace all of the gaskets on teh light. However I dont know what the odds are that it will leak if reused. Be sure to apply a lot of lube to the gaskets when you put it back together.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!