How do you know what 'size' SWG you have?

Nov 26, 2013
Elkridge, MD
How do you know what 'size' SWG you have? If I look up my model will it say what size pools it's designed for? The reason I ask is because I opened my pool this year (first time) and set my SWG to ~40% and had it running for 12 hours every day. This apparently wasn't getting in enough chlorine so I ended up with a small algae problem. I turned up the run time and the % but I was still supplementing my SWG with chlorine tablets just to get my FC up to 3ppm. Then the algae took over so I had to SLAM the pool.

Point being, I'm running the SWG at 100% right now 24/7 and it doesn't seem like it will keep up with the chlorine demands without tablet or chlorine supplements. So I'm wondering if there is a problem with the SWG (cell needs to be cleaned) or that it just isn't beefy enough to generate the chlorine I need. The salt levels are correct, and it IS generating chlorine, just maybe not as much as it should be. I can't visually inspect the cell without taking things apart, and I haven't had the opportunity to do that yet.

Your problem is almost certainly due to an imbalance in your chemical levels of some kind. If you post your current levels and tell us what model of SWG you have we can give you much more specific feedback.

as salt cells die they do reduce output,
have you cleaned your cell recently
the chlorine tablets are possibly the cause of your problem
get a recommended test kit and check and post all your levels, especially your CYA
back to your original question there should be a manufacturer id number on cell eg T15

So you say you opened your pool and you were using the swg to get your FC up from what I assume would be 0. I could be wrong but I thought swg are not meant to raise your chlorine but replenish what you use in a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.