Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New fill after 3rd leveling move

1. Back To Top    #1

New fill after 3rd leveling move

Okay first of all we have moved our pool 3 times so far this summer. The first time it was about 6 inches off. The second time it was about 4 inches off. This time I believe it's between 1&2 inches so I am going to keep it there. However I tested the water and I have a Walmart test kit which I know is not the best but my PH side is purple my chlorine side is a bright yellow see picture below. What do I need to do? View pictures
    1st time pool owner
    Pro-Series 14x42

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New fill after 3rd leveling move

The FC level is fairly high, too high for the PH test to work correctly.

There are huge advantages to getting a better test kit. Lacking that, perhaps you could get a set of results from a pool store.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kjlail View Post
    Okay first of all we have moved our pool 3 times so far this summer. The first time it was about 6 inches off. The second time it was about 4 inches off. This time I believe it's between 1&2 inches so I am going to keep it there. However I tested the water and I have a Walmart test kit which I know is not the best but my PH side is purple my chlorine side is a bright yellow see picture below. What do I need to do? View pictures
    Just wait.

If you haven't added any stabilizer, that superhigh FC will go down to a reasonable number within hours and then you can get accurate pH readings. Right now, if someone gets in they might have eye or skin irritation and swimsuits will fade.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

No stabilizer has been added. And the sun is finally out. Going to wait and check again this evening. Thanks
    1st time pool owner
    Pro-Series 14x42