Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine/CYA Shock chart question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Virginia Beach

Chlorine/CYA Shock chart question

Can I assume that if I have had and defeated the yellow Mstrd Algae, that I should now keep my FC at the appropriate Yel/Mstrd Min (7.5) from now on?
    Not sure which column on the chart is appropriate for my situation
    Also at what FC level does the PH test become invalid,

FC 13 (coming down from shock process)
    PH 7.4 (was wild during shock so not sure this is accurate?)
    TA 60
    CH 70
    CYA 50
    Water is 88 degrees
    Salt is 2900
    22'x40' IG, Freeform, 26K gal, Vinyl liner pool(2011), three returns plus two step jets, one slide, two skimmers, two LED lights, Stamped Concrete with Aqua PL-Plus Automation panel, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter 500lb, Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell 15 (SWG) Smart Pool Scrubber60 Robotic Pool Vac.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Chlorine/CYA Shock chart question

If the algae dead and gone, you just need to maintain a minimum of 3 FC for your 50 CYA. Chart With the SWG, you ought to raise CYA to 70ish. I'd be darn sure you're done with the SLAM before raising CYA, though.

The pH test gets iffy above 10 FC.

The captions didn't make the transfer to the new server somehow.... the pictures are the same water sample. The first is normal. The second is just with high FC, the third is high FC neutralized with R-007 Thiosulfate chlorine neutralizer.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!