Replacing outflow on AG pool without draining water

Hi... I just installed and filled my 15 x 30 oval pool, and noticed that the thru-wall outflow (hope I'm using the right lingo... The valve that returns the water back into the pool) has a slow leak outside the pool. Since I bought the pool used, I imagine the part is stressed from use (leak seems to be from the plastic itself and not gaskets). Even the pool installer felt it looked good. Anyway, here I am and want to replace this $15 part, but want to do it without draining a few hundred gallons! I've read a poster using the bucket method.. Cutting a hole in the bucket and putting weather stripping... Using two people to get the job done. I'm wondering if anyone here has done the same or a variation and if you have any pics/specific instructions on doing this. I'm also concerned about getting water between the liner and pool wall because I have a foam liner in between. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

I've never attempted such a feat. It certainly sounds like you need a new gasket though. Good luck. Personally, I'd drain it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.