Join Intex hose to pvc 1 1/2 inch pipe.

poolsam

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bangor, maine
I have my pump, filter, heater all plumbed with pvc. The kids like doing "whirlpools" in our 15 inch intex metal frame, so I do not want to hard plumb to pool as they walls move... I have the original intex hoses connected to Hayward wall skimmer and inlet, but need to connect the intex hose with nut to a pvc connection. I have seen the opposite, attaching a pvc pipe to a intex inlet such as a pump, but how do you do the reverse.

hose.jpg

I had the same problem, first i hard-plump and when the kids rock the pool it always started leaking so i removed the hard plumping and rolled back to the Intex hose. no leaks.

It is actually very easy to do, easier than the other side.

What you need is a PVC male adapter from your Intex hose to your PVC piping and a gasket.
Take your Intex hose and go to your local hardware shop to find the male adapter that fits.
For the gasket you will need to make your own, because the Intex size is not a standard size, buy a square sheet of rubber ~2$ (see picture) and cut it to size (you will need two on each connection)

2iavbyb.jpg

2mg3213.jpg

2s9f2ht.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.