Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Join Intex hose to pvc 1 1/2 inch pipe.

1. Back To Top    #1

Join Intex hose to pvc 1 1/2 inch pipe.

I have my pump, filter, heater all plumbed with pvc. The kids like doing "whirlpools" in our 15 inch intex metal frame, so I do not want to hard plumb to pool as they walls move... I have the original intex hoses connected to Hayward wall skimmer and inlet, but need to connect the intex hose with nut to a pvc connection. I have seen the opposite, attaching a pvc pipe to a intex inlet such as a pump, but how do you do the reverse.

hose.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Join Intex hose to pvc 1 1/2 inch pipe.

I had the same problem, first i hard-plump and when the kids rock the pool it always started leaking so i removed the hard plumping and rolled back to the Intex hose. no leaks.

It is actually very easy to do, easier than the other side.

What you need is a PVC male adapter from your Intex hose to your PVC piping and a gasket.
    Take your Intex hose and go to your local hardware shop to find the male adapter that fits.
    For the gasket you will need to make your own, because the Intex size is not a standard size, buy a square sheet of rubber ~2$ (see picture) and cut it to size (you will need two on each connection)

Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Why two gaskets when original index only has one?

Did you find that 2" male fits?

Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

The 2" male fits, and when you'll join them together you'll see why you need two gaskets.
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

I did it the same way. Worked out great!

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

I didn't use any gaskets. Just used the 2" male adapter, teflon tape and just tightened real good.

20140527_115225 A.jpg
    Intex Ultra Frame 16' by 48" deep - Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP pump with sand filter, Hayward H150 Heater, Hayward Skimmer and 2nd return