Will this peristaltic pump work?

Thanks BrushPup! :)

Do you mean the answers on this particulate unit, or using one with a bottle?

I would think the latter would be a general question for any Peristaltic pump, I was just thinking out loud, so as to not have to dump bleach bottles, one by one, into a larger tank. Splash splash... HAHA

BTW, what's a "stinger"?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

According to the specs you should be able to use it. There are some pretty strict limits on idle time to run time, but given the rate you should be fine.

I'd suggest getting a 15 or so gallon drum for the bleach. You'll get tired of changing out bleach jugs if you decide to go that route.

Using single gallons jugs refutes the whole reason for using an automated pump. I just bought a drum from a fellow in the Coffee Bar forum. Might see if he has one left. Other than that, google Uline for a tank.

It was just a thought. I like throwing crazy ideas out there... in case you guys haven't figured that out by now with me. ;) :p Haha

Yeah, good point, a tank would be better now that you mention it. I wasn't thinking past the size of my current temporary pool which only uses a few cups every 2-4 days.
My new pool will eat considerably more than that.

So how do these hook up to the tank? I have looked for setup photos on here, but haven't really found much.
What do you do about the heat factor of the bleach now sitting outside in the HEAT?? It gets pretty hoy here, and at 3,000ft elevation, so the sun is very baking.

What are the issues with the run time cycles you speak of?

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2

My bleach tank is under a leanto type cover and the heat doesn't bother it nearly as much as the UV does. Some people either buy an opaque tank or paint them.

When I read the manual for that pump, if you run it so many minutes you have to leave it off so many hours. I don't remember the ratios now but it caught my attention.

Interesting, I'll have to look at that. I take it that is a restriction the Stenner doesn't have?

Anyone have any pictures of the setup process? Does it matter if it's a nylon or viton hose inside the pump?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.