new pool owner

lori11

Jun 27, 2014
Chillicothe
I bought my pool used a year ago. My water is cloudy and I have noticed after I backwashed and rinsed there is sand going back into the pool. From all the forums ive read im guessing broken laterals. I checked those and none look cracked or broke but my husband replaced the pipe. Everytime I try to look up the model #Sw256TPAKS I cant find anything on that number so I can find replacement parts. It is a Hayward Swim pro. is there another number I should try looking for?

Welcome lori! :wave:

You probably need chlorine if your water is clouding. I really can't help you with your pump/filter problem but someone will be along to do so.

I got the number off the filter. I did take the filter apart and took the parts into a local pool store.They had to match it up with another model number so im guessing my pump must be discontinued or something. but they showed me that one of the laterals wasn't seated all the way in. while I was there yesterday I went ahead a bought new sand. I put the filter back together and let it run the rest of the day and all night and surprisingly when I checked it today I could finally see the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.