Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool owner

I bought my pool used a year ago. My water is cloudy and I have noticed after I backwashed and rinsed there is sand going back into the pool. From all the forums ive read im guessing broken laterals. I checked those and none look cracked or broke but my husband replaced the pipe. Everytime I try to look up the model #Sw256TPAKS I cant find anything on that number so I can find replacement parts. It is a Hayward Swim pro. is there another number I should try looking for?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool owner

Welcome lori!

You probably need chlorine if your water is clouding. I really can't help you with your pump/filter problem but someone will be along to do so.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

https://www.hayward-pool.ca/webapp/w..._I#FiltersSand

I am sure you will find your set up in these manuals listed on line at Hayward.

Is the number off the pump, or the filter? You need to look for a number on the filter since that is where the problem is, not the pump itself.

4. Back To Top    #4

I got the number off the filter. I did take the filter apart and took the parts into a local pool store.They had to match it up with another model number so im guessing my pump must be discontinued or something. but they showed me that one of the laterals wasn't seated all the way in. while I was there yesterday I went ahead a bought new sand. I put the filter back together and let it run the rest of the day and all night and surprisingly when I checked it today I could finally see the bottom.

5. Back To Top    #5

Excellent news!