Pentair vf pump and ic20

Sep 10, 2012
I currently have a Hayward pump and ic20 that I have wired and programed into my elan home automation system and it works very well. I finally pulled the trigger on a vf pump and will be doing the entire Pentair system in the near future (intellitouch, intellichem etc.) I was planning on doing the swap this weekend as I cant wait to try this pump. So I was trying to figure out how to do it for now correctly. I believe I read someplace that this pump needs power all the time, so how can I set my ic20 to come on with the pump until I get the full system? I guess it could be wired to stay on all the time and since there is no flow it wont produce chlorine? Or since I have the vf pump should I have the ic20 on all the time but maybe lower its output level for a more consistent chlorine level.

In this kind of situation we recommend using a current controlled relay, so the IC20 is only on when the pump is actually running. Once you have the IntelliTouch it will take care of that for you.

There is a flow switch, but flow switches aren't all that reliable, so it is greatly preferred to have a backup system that insures the SWG is not powered when the pump is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.