What damage might I cause to my gunite pool by putting 4 gallons of shock into my 32,000 gal pool WITHOUT
running my filter??
Before the start of this season, I shocked my pool as I would normally when I open it. I put in 3-4 gallons of shock
into my green mucky pool a month or so before I intended to open it, thinking that much of my time during an opening
is spent filtering and waiting.
When I did open it, I had much green algae on the bottom of the pool, with ~relatively clear water above. I
vacuumed the bottom, getting all of the algae out in 2 separate vacuumings, proceeded to get my ph right
etc. and had my pool open, clean and balanced in 2 or 3 days rather than the usual week or more.
So. How could this hurt? I can't think of any downside, but I'm not a chemist.