aquabot t2 or maytronics

Jun 8, 2011
I just can't seem to decide on which pool cleaner to buy. I have a 20 x 50 gunite pool that needs constant vacuuming. It seems every model out there seems to have issues, and I've narrowed my decision to either one of these. My issues, though are:

Aquabot: a bit more expensive, reviews are so so.
Maytronics: no warranty if purchased through the web.

Any suggestions on which model is the better option?

SOme of the really large maytronics dealers have warranty on them, even if purchased online. Got mine online I do have warranty.
dont know all the different dealers, it wold take some searching and maybe a few phone calls. got my cleanier at epicpoolsupply dot com.

No I havent had any problems at all but I havent had it all that long either. I bought mine based purely on their reputation and after reading literally 100s of reviews about them.

Maytronics is the top of the line when it comes to quality pool cleanersm(IMO). There are lots of folks on the forum who've not had a single problem with theirs and have been using them for years. Its hard to find a negative review either here or on Amazon about one.

Im crossing my fingers that mine keeps on going, and going and going....

Dave, have you had any issues with the Dolphin? It seems like they all (regardless of brands) break down after a couple of years.???

Don't sell yourself short on the Aquabot T2. I have had mine for 8 yrs now and he is still going strong, doing an excellent job of cleaning my pool. So far, he has never needed repaired. I have replaced its worn Drive Belts and Drive Tracks myself - easy thing to do. I think the key to any robotic cleaner is regular maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.