Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: aquabot t2 or maytronics

1. Back To Top    #1

aquabot t2 or maytronics

I just can't seem to decide on which pool cleaner to buy. I have a 20 x 50 gunite pool that needs constant vacuuming. It seems every model out there seems to have issues, and I've narrowed my decision to either one of these. My issues, though are:

Aquabot: a bit more expensive, reviews are so so.
    Maytronics: no warranty if purchased through the web.

Any suggestions on which model is the better option?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: aquabot t2 or maytronics

Both are good brands but they have so many different models, some are good, some are not so good.
    You need to narrow it down to which models you looking at and more important, what your budget is
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

I've narrowed it down to the Aquabot Turbo T2 or the Dolphin DX5

4. Back To Top    #4

SOme of the really large maytronics dealers have warranty on them, even if purchased online. Got mine online I do have warranty.
    dont know all the different dealers, it wold take some searching and maybe a few phone calls. got my cleanier at epicpoolsupply dot com.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Dave, have you had any issues with the Dolphin? It seems like they all (regardless of brands) break down after a couple of years.???

6. Back To Top    #6

When I did my research on bots. I found aquabot is very expensive to repair compared to dolphin. They also seemed to have more problems. You can also buy the DX5 online with a warranty in the Z5 which saves you a few hundred.
    Russell,

IG 11K gemstone freeform w/ waterfalls, Jandy 2HP ePump, CL460 Cartridge Filter, 400K Legacy Heater, Nicheless LEDs, AquaPure SWG, Aqualink, Dolphin Z5, TF-100.

7. Back To Top    #7

No I havent had any problems at all but I havent had it all that long either. I bought mine based purely on their reputation and after reading literally 100s of reviews about them.

Maytronics is the top of the line when it comes to quality pool cleanersm(IMO). There are lots of folks on the forum who've not had a single problem with theirs and have been using them for years. Its hard to find a negative review either here or on Amazon about one.

Im crossing my fingers that mine keeps on going, and going and going....

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbellied View Post
    Dave, have you had any issues with the Dolphin? It seems like they all (regardless of brands) break down after a couple of years.???
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Check your credit cards to see which double the manufacturers warranty, I've filed different claims for pool related materials. Got back over $500.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

Don't sell yourself short on the Aquabot T2. I have had mine for 8 yrs now and he is still going strong, doing an excellent job of cleaning my pool. So far, he has never needed repaired. I have replaced its worn Drive Belts and Drive Tracks myself - easy thing to do. I think the key to any robotic cleaner is regular maintenance.
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).