My phosphates are apparently quite high. (2500) I have no way to test with my tft 100 kit so I took water to the pool store
Do I need to lower the phosphate levels and if so what is best way to approach this?
FYI, our city water comes with 200ppm phosphates
More details below if you are interested
Just finished my chlorine treatment for Yellow algae. I cheated after 6 days of OCLT regimen and stopped the treatment when I got to 1.5 to 2 ppm loss at night. Water is clean and clear except for some tiny collection of black (dead algae?) every few days. I am letting the FC levels come down on their own to a normal level and continue to be at 1.5 to 2 ppm loss at night.
I took my pool water to a pool store to check phosphates and they say my phosphates are 2500 and that our city water comes with 200ppm. The pool store "kids" tell me that even if I kill the algae that is in the pool, the high phosphates mean the algae will simply grow back quickly feeding on the phosphates.