Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No pressure in pump...help

1. Back To Top    #1

No pressure in pump...help

Just set up pool a couple days ago. Got it filled and had some questions answered on this site as per chemicals (thanks all.) Deep cleaned the sand filter yesterday as per video. Question #1 is the cap supposed to be on the bottom of the filter at all times? When I watched the "deep clean" tutorial, the first thing it said was put the cap on. The previous owner sent the cap but it is not currently on. After deep cleaning, does it stay on?

Question 2 The water is being sucked into the skimmer and and is coming back into the pool in bursts. From what I read so far, it appears I have an air leak? Both PVC lines (the one from skimmer to pump/filter and the return line) are heavy with water. I removed the skimmer line and water poured out, so it does not seem to be plugged...

Help Please...
    8600 gal/ag/Richwood Round 18 x52 swinn'play pool, Aquamaster sand filter, Waterway pump, install 6/25/14

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No pressure in pump...help

Ok, update... Cap is on the bottom of the filter. Once the pump is running, I see that if the cap is off, water sprays everywhere. Pump seems to be working well. Gauge still reads zero. If I turn off the pump and take the gauge off so I can take it to the store to buy new, water shoots out the hole where gauge was screwed on. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    8600 gal/ag/Richwood Round 18 x52 swinn'play pool, Aquamaster sand filter, Waterway pump, install 6/25/14

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like a bad gauge. They aren't the best quality and do fail.

Bet a new one solves the problem.
    15x30 IGP; 20,000 gallons; plaster
    Hayward SP2607X10 Pump; Purex Triton Tagelus Sand Filter
    Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15 SWG; Aquarite G1 Control
    Southwest Spas 400 gallon hot tub w/ozone
    TF 100 with speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Question 2 sounds like you have low water level or a stuck skimmer weir (the flap)

The pump primes and starts shooting water out, it sucks the skimmer dry, sucks air, loses prime. Then the skimmer refills and the cycle starts all over.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Can you get a new gauge at hardware store or is it specific to the pump?
    Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

A hardware store or pool store should have one. Take the old one along so they can see what size pipe thread you need.
    15x30 IGP; 20,000 gallons; plaster
    Hayward SP2607X10 Pump; Purex Triton Tagelus Sand Filter
    Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15 SWG; Aquarite G1 Control
    Southwest Spas 400 gallon hot tub w/ozone
    TF 100 with speed stir