Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks to TFP I'm a pool snob.......today!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks to TFP I'm a pool snob.......today!

Now if someone will just come replace my deck free of charge I'll be good to go!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thanks to TFP I'm a pool snob.......today!

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool looks beautiful!!!! That deck does look like it has seen better days lol. Not sure what the expense would be compared to replacing the deck, but pavers would look nice over there and likely never need replaced nor near the maintenance of wood.
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Would love pavers but unfortunately it's a huge slope.....deck is 10 x 38 or so. Scraping up the $$...every time I think I'm there something comes up. I know hubby and his buddy can build it but it's the tearing down the old we dread....all nails, no screws...ugh. Never know what your gonna get w a foreclosure
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

5. Back To Top    #5

I was admiring your outdoor furnishings and plants. Hmmmm, just a thought; what about a contrasting color paint maybe on the back of the fencing facing the house to spruce up for the time being. They also make some beautiful outdoor rugs that could be placed to help hide the worn floor. You already have a kind of tropical look out there, I think it would be beautiful with minimal investment at this time. Just a little elbow grease!
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

How pretty you have it set up! I love the shot with the watergun peeking over the side of the pool LOL! Got to have toys!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Thinking of painting deck gray to match house for now..i had a zebra rug on the deck but it bit the dust. We've only been here a year. I'll post a pic of a funny story about those water guns. Granddaughter wanted to have a gun fight. Guess which one I got....
    Montgomery, AL

8. Back To Top    #8

OH that is so NOT fair LOL Good one!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Learned my lesson not to let her pick our guns....
    Montgomery, AL

10. Back To Top    #10

The pool looks great and I see you lost in the gun fight!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm jealous! Beautiful job! Would love a pool that size... someday maybe, someday.