Just did my first full test

Jun 13, 2014
Mendon/MA
Just did my first full test with the TF100 and I am psyched with the results!

Ph 7.7
FC 4.5
CC 0... Maybe .5
CYA 80
TA 150
CH 275

I tossed in about half a gallon of 12.5% chlorine to get the FC up. Process is super easy with the kit and my water is sparkling 80 degrees! Now I need to do the overnight test....

Oh an I have been slowly getting my stabilizer level down since reading this site. Triclor tabs are no longer on the daily regiment!

Congrats on the TF100 test kit :goodjob:

With CYA of 80, keep FC between 6 and 11, and never below 6.

I suggest you dose up to 11 each evening, with pump running for at least 30 minutes after, and see where FC is the next evening. Soon you will learn your pool's appetite for FC and dose accordingly.

Oh an I have been slowly getting my stabilizer level down since reading this site. Triclor tabs are no longer on the daily regiment!
Good! :D

Ain't it amazing how easy it is when you have your own test kit? And how crystal clear the water is?

The down side is that you can see every single dead bug, blade of grass, or piece of grit that ends up in the pool.

You're probably also in the beginning stages of Sparklypoolitis, and inevitably it becomes terminal and you become a Pool Snob.

Isn't that test kit as easy as it gets? People kinda freak out when I pull it out and start doing some tests as it can look overwhelming, but the instructions are so clear and easy to follow. I don't know about the Taylor kit, but big thumbs up to TFT for the TF100 kit!!!

Ain't it amazing how easy it is when you have your own test kit? And how crystal clear the water is?

The down side is that you can see every single dead bug, blade of grass, or piece of grit that ends up in the pool.

You're probably also in the beginning stages of Sparklypoolitis, and inevitably it becomes terminal and you become a Pool Snob.

Amen to that. Don't even mention what you see with the pool light on at night. What are all those infinitesimal particles doing in there?

Copy that ^^^ heh heh :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.