Question about my first SLAM and passing the OCLT with skimmers full of flowers...

I started getting a few small algae spots on pool and water got a bit dull so I started a SLAM... For 3 days now the water has been crystal clear but I am still losing 3ppm FC at night. I am wondering if the reason for the loss may be the fact that I have numerous Crapemertels (flowering trees - no idea if I spelled that right) around the pool and my skimmers are full of the flowers each morning. These flowers will be consuming some of the chlorine won't they? Should I ever expect to actually pass an OCLT with skimmers full of tiny flowers each morning? My CC is always .5 or less.

:confused:

If you have lights, remove from niche and clean out and expose to high SLAM FC. Same for ladders, steps, ropes, bobbers, etc

Scrub everything, including the skimmer throat.

As Dave said, I don't think the flowers would eat that much FC, either.

I started getting a few small algae spots on pool and water got a bit dull so I started a SLAM...
Yep, algae got a little foothold going on somewhere......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.