Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about my first SLAM and passing the OCLT with skimmers full of flowers...

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about my first SLAM and passing the OCLT with skimmers full of flowers...

I started getting a few small algae spots on pool and water got a bit dull so I started a SLAM... For 3 days now the water has been crystal clear but I am still losing 3ppm FC at night. I am wondering if the reason for the loss may be the fact that I have numerous Crapemertels (flowering trees - no idea if I spelled that right) around the pool and my skimmers are full of the flowers each morning. These flowers will be consuming some of the chlorine won't they? Should I ever expect to actually pass an OCLT with skimmers full of tiny flowers each morning? My CC is always .5 or less.

____________________________________________________________ ___________
    15,000 gallon in ground pool with liner, Purex Triton Tagelus sand filter, Pentair Superflo 1HP.... Clinton, MS.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Question about my first SLAM and passing the OCLT with skimmers full of flowers..

The crepe myrtle flowers will not have that much affect. You need to continue the SLAM.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Question about my first SLAM and passing the OCLT with skimmers full of flowers..

If you have lights, remove from niche and clean out and expose to high SLAM FC. Same for ladders, steps, ropes, bobbers, etc

Scrub everything, including the skimmer throat.

As Dave said, I don't think the flowers would eat that much FC, either.

I started getting a few small algae spots on pool and water got a bit dull so I started a SLAM...
    Yep, algae got a little foothold going on somewhere......
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!