Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 18ft solar cover on a 20ft pool

1. Back To Top    #1

18ft solar cover on a 20ft pool

Hello Currently I am not using a cover on my 20ft ultra frame pool but I have a
    18ft solar cover from a old pool would you guys think it would help to trap some heat the pool went from 78 degrees to 74 degrees pretty fast like over night one night. I am trying to not have to buy one.
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 18ft solar cover on a 20ft pool

That would definitely help. Wouldn't be as insulated as a full cover obviously, but the only heat loss would be around the edges. Definitely can't hurt.
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Absolutely it will help. But obviously if the full 20 feet were covered it would be more effective. Check the classifieds in your area for a small blanket. Might be able to get the extra 2 feet for little or nothing.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Ya people in my area don't have to many pools. I am in Fargo ND most people don't think summer is long enough
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.