Please tell me what I need to do to my pool to make it safe to swim in and also what I need to do to help me keep chlorine in my pool. These are my water results from yesterday:
All season I have not been able to keep chlorine in my pool. I put 3 pounds of shock in Tuesday evening and 2 days later you see my levels.
The pool store did not test for nitrates this time; however, last month, they did and they were very minimal and told me to shock my pool with a "non-chlorine shock" to neutralize the nitrates and then the next day to shock it normally and it should be fine afterwards.
(I didn't know fertilizers had an effect on the nitrate level of my pool and my yard had been fertilized in early May -----It has not been fertilized again!!!)
Yesterday, my copper level was also higher and I am concerned about that as well.
So, My questions are:
1) Is my pool safe to swim in as it is?
2) What do I need to do to keep chlorine registering in my pool?
3) What do I need to do to get the Copper/Iron out of my pool?
I appreciate you help in advance!!