Organic pools? No bleach allowed here!

While it is possible to manage a pool that way, it is extremely difficult and requires laboratory water testing on a regular basis. When things go wrong it often isn't obvious and the regular tests won't tell you what is happening. It is kind of like having a worst aspects of both pool maintenance and pond maintenance at the same time.

i saw one done on that Pool Master show. I think its on one of the Discovery Channels. Its a British guy who does build some unique nice pools. He did one that was natural with no chemicals, but it still used a pump and filter. The water was clear though, not like the mudhole in that link above. He was saying something about how with the right plants, design, and filtration the pool would be like a natural spring.

It was cool looking, he hauled in tons of rock around it.

to me its not worth all the trouble and expense. I fail to see how being exposed to 6ppm of FC in my pool is going to have long term effects. Id be more concerned about what chemicals are in your drinking water, not your swimming water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.