Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intex owner leveling 2 inches off

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex owner leveling 2 inches off

Good morning. We purchased a 14x42 pro series and put it up the beginning of June, thought it was level but we were mistaken. Setup 1 we were 6 inches off, emptied added more sand, moved we were 4 inched off. Setup 3 we tilled a 16 foot circled leveled as well as we could layer of gorilla liner then moved again. No wrinkles we are about half full and its looking about 2 inches off. Any suggestions? I do not want to drain and move it again. We have company coming next week and I am running out of time. Almost ready to throw in the towel.
    1st time pool owner
    Pro-Series 14x42

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Intex owner leveling 2 inches off

I have an 18' Intex pool that is not level. It is probably 2.5 to 3 inches low on one side. When we first set it up 3 years ago it was only off about 1.75 inches. however since it always splashes out on the low side, It has settled over there and made it lower. However the pool is still standing being that far off. It has stood for 3 years like that. If you want it perfectly level the only thing you can do is drain and level.
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

3. Back To Top    #3

I just checked again and its looking more unlevel. I just want it to be safe. I have heard that it could buckle under the pressure.
    1st time pool owner
    Pro-Series 14x42

4. Back To Top    #4

Anything over 1" and you are taking a chance of catastrophic failure. I'm not saying it will happen... just that it could happen. I wasn't willing to take the chance with ours.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay I am posting a picture to see what everybody thinks
    1st time pool owner
    Pro-Series 14x42

6. Back To Top    #6

The area where the skimmer is seems lowest. If I raised the poles do you think that would be enough? Ignore the green. Have had a bunch of rain
    1st time pool owner
    Pro-Series 14x42

7. Back To Top    #7

Speaking from experience JUST raising the poles wont do it. I have an 18' round that is worse than that and it is still standing after 3 years. But if you have the labor to fix it than it would be worth doing right.
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!