Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nut BulkHead Adapter Broken - Need Long Term Solution

1. Back To Top    #1

Nut BulkHead Adapter Broken - Need Long Term Solution

Hello. I need some help on a long term solution for a current broken piece in my pool equipment. My bulkhead in the filter area was broken and leaking. I bought a new one, but couldn't get the nut off. The nut on the adapter was stuck on the old broken bulkhead - I needed to get it off. I tried everything I could. Finally, I gave in and sawed it off. I bought a new nut. Once I had the new nut though, I couldn't get it around the bulkhead adapter (black piece in attached pic). Then for whatever reason, I tested the new nut out by screwing it onto the new bulkhead, not in the correct place, and guess what? The new nut got stuck. So, I sawed this one off. The benefit of having it sawed of is that I can get it around the black bulkhead adapter correctly, but in needs the metal clamp to be secure on not leak. The metal clamp is a good temporary solution, but if I buy one final nut, how can I get it around the bulkhead adapter? It looks like the pvc pipes are all connected with glue and I worry about messing up this situation further. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much!

Brian

unnamed.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nut BulkHead Adapter Broken - Need Long Term Solution

Welcome to TFP!

To fully fix that you need to cut the pipe, put on the new nut, and then re-glue the pipe. Personally, I would leave your current work around in place until something actually fails again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Nut BulkHead Adapter Broken - Need Long Term Solution

Thanks Jason!!