Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The power of aeration

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

The power of aeration

I'd been fighting ph rise and my TA keeps going under 60 when I add MA, so I tried reducing aeration. My jets were turned up towards the surface at a 45 degree angle, so I turned them down another 45 degrees so the jets would be pushing water parallel to the surface. This minimized aeration (still have the spa spillover), and my ph only went up by 0.1 in a day. I'd been seeing 0.3 to 0.5 increases each day.

This isn't a question, just making an observation that I discovered. Initially it was hard for me to believe that aeration could affect the pH, and this was an eye opener. Never underestimate the power of aeration...
    IG gunite pool size: 12,500 gallons - includes spa with spillover, Polaris vacuum cleaner, Ultrapure Ozonator, inline tab chlorinator that I no longer use
    Filter: Hayward Swimclear Model #4030, 4-Cartridge Filters
    Pump: Century, 2 HP with a Hayward 6060 booster pump
    Date of build: March-April 2014 *NEW* : Test kit: TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: The power of aeration

Thanks for sharing!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School