whats a good cya level to shoot for?

Jul 5, 2013
Greenwood, IN
My cya level is getting pretty high from using pucks for the last 5+ years right now its about 70-80 what is a good number to hold the cya at? my pool is 38,000 gallon with a sand filter. I live in indiana & the pool does have an auto cover on it. I was going to start draining & refilling this weekend to get the cya down & i have quit using pucks. im currently in the middle of a slam. just wanting to know what a good cya number is?

IMO, would have been wise to drop the CYA, then start the SLAM....
Me, too. Why use so much bleach clearing water that will just end up on the ground or down the sewer?

attachment.php

Not quite half.

You will probably need to do it in incriments to keep from damaging your liner. Always keep at least a foot of water in the shallow end.

I wouldn't try to get CYA all the way down to 40 right now. CYA at 70 can be managed if you have to, though somewhere between 50 and 60 would be better. CYA will tend to drop over time if you stop using products which are constantly adding more. You can target 40 longer term.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.