Adding baking soda to boost TA - water is cloudy now

gh0st

Jun 12, 2014
Danbury
My TA was low enough not to show up in my test (just using strips right now). Using the pool math I need to add ~41 pounds. Well, just to be safe I've only added 15lbs over the past two days. The TA is now showing up on the test but relatively low, around 40. The water in the pool was completely clear before this but, now it's cloudy and has a film on the top of the water.

Is this normal and will clear up in a bit of time? Should I continue to add baking soda until I hit 100ppm?

That could be an indication that your CH level is too high. But there is no way of telling without a full set of test results. It is also possible that the test strips are simply wrong. None of the test strips are especially reliable. By far the best thing you can do is to get a top quality test kit. Without reliable test results there is no reliable way to take care of your pool.

That could be an indication that your CH level is too high. But there is no way of telling without a full set of test results. It is also possible that the test strips are simply wrong. None of the test strips are especially reliable. By far the best thing you can do is to get a top quality test kit. Without reliable test results there is no reliable way to take care of your pool.

I have a tft kit, but I have the strips so I figured I would use them up. So adding baking soda should not cause the water to get cloudy? Ok, when I get home I'll run a fell set of numbers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.