should I buy a bestway pool that was left out for 2 years

It's going to be hard for me to answer as I don't know how much their asking price is, if it's really messed up with algae staining and if there is/are holes in it. If it were me, I'd look for something that's been better taken care of, unless it's free and you want to try and salvage it.

Have a look at the pool. Check it for holes and tears of course. Check the rail tubing for rust (particularly if it was a salt pool). See if the pool material is fairly stiff but not brittle. It may be worth it. You're in BC, I am on the other side of the country in Newfoundland. The reason I think you should have a look at it is because my neighbor leaves his pool out all winter. We both have a similar pool to the line you mention I believe, and I work like a dog every fall taking it down and putting it away, and again in the Spring setting it up. His pool is on it's 4th year left outside (not even covered) for the winter. No worse for the wear so far. Would you mind letting us know the price? It would have to be pretty cheap to be worth it.

Hi I looked at it it looks good but they want 200 but im thinking if the liner gets pressure than it will rip
thanks here is a picture of it on the first year in summer 00b0b_2CWuLyrc0QH_600x450.jpg
and here is second year in summer 00e0e_6lVW4Cowk0k_600x450.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

another question is can the liner just rip by pressure if it is left out for 2 years??

Attachments

• 00808_dWIvjsHt83P_600x450.jpg
    00808_dWIvjsHt83P_600x450.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 96
It's hard to tell. But my neighbor's is on it's fourth year now, and it's fine. The pool actually looks in good condition from the pics, but again it's hard to tell. Is the pool currently filled? That pool costs a thousand bucks to buy here.

EDIT: Doesn't appear to be a salt pool so I would bet that the tubing is in better condition than mine. That PVC is pretty tough stuff. I think it's worth a gamble. One thing to consider, the pump that comes with that particular pool is, to put it politely, garbage. I would certainly make an offer on that pool. Then buy a sand filter/pump and I believe you will have a good deal. Again, if the pool is currently filled it would be easier to tell. Is it possible you could agree on a price, and then complete the sale only if you take the pool down, reassemble and fill at your place, and pay only if pool does not leak.

when I went the were draining it but it was half full

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing it had a few like colour loss stains on the outside of the liner not inside of pool

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I ment to say when I went their it was half full because they were taking the water out

- - - Updated - - -

and the one other question is if I left a pool out for 2 years got it get like ripped because of the pressure

- - - Updated - - -

its not leaking and I reduced it from 400

Looks like the guy knew what he was at because he has intakes and returns on both sides of the pool. That pool does not come like that so he plumbed that in himself. Without seeing the pool it is hard to say if it is worth 200 bucks. I'm betting that it is. That PVC is tough, and I don't think it would leak because of the pressure. That's just my opinion. Sometimes taking down and storing a pool can be tougher on the pool than leaving it up. How are the winters there in Abbotsford?

I'm zooming in on the pics, but cannot tell what kind of a pump setup he has. Is it just the pump that came with the pool?

ok he is a nice person he is also giving a solor cover and the bestway filter is brand new..........
also what is the best place to buy a sand filter

- - - Updated - - -

he used a sand filter for the pool but im not sure if he would like to sell it

- - - Updated - - -

the winters here are ok their was snow about 5 inches

- - - Updated - - -

he used the best way filter in the first pic and than he used a harward sand filter

Oh.... so he had a sand filter but is keeping it. Is he getting a new pool?
First place I would check is Walmart for the Intex 2650 pump and sand filter. I buy a lot of my stuff online at poolsuppliescanada.ca
You won't find the Intex stuff there, but lots of filtering options. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

How old is the solar cover. Often they only last 3 or 4 years anyway.

he probably is keeping it for his new pool
the cover is in great condition
but I have a question about the sand filter somebody is selling a like new sand filter with out pump for 50 I dollars but if just connected the sand filter to the bestway filter would that that make the sand filter work without its pump

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, they sell new online for 1,000 dollars. Now, I know that if you get it for 200, if you need a new liner, it would be at most 200 bucks (I have a bigger pool, 24' x 52' and a liner for me is around 150). A new sand filter would be 200 bucks, and a pump is around 150. So that would put you at max 850... So you are still ahead if you need to replace everything.

I second everything Great Canadian said (except I don't know about the returns not being on the same side - mine were, but my pool is a different size).

For that price I'd buy it. But you seem very very hesitant about it, so flip a coin and while it is in the air you'll know how you want it to land. Heads and you buy it; tails you don't.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.