Stainless poles in pool

Hello. New to the forum.
Have been lurking for awhile utilizing a lot of info here. But I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for.
I have staining in my pool and am curious if some new stainless poles on my ladder could be the cause.
I'm not ruling out algae but with the introduction of the new stainless poles on my ladder could that be a possibility?
Could these poles increase metal content in my pool or does the metal have to be microscopic?
Thanks

More than likely, the ladder is not the cause of the staining in your pool. You have metals (copper or iron) in your water that has caused the staining. Are you on well water? Have you been using algaecides? Do you have a heater?

For you to have a metal stain in your pool, the metal must be in soluble form and then precipitate onto your pool surfaces.

A pic would probably be very helpful. How long have the poles been in your pool? How old are the stains?

For you to have a metal stain in your pool, the metal must be in soluble form and then precipitate onto your pool surfaces.

A pic would probably be very helpful. How long have the poles been in your pool? How old are the stains?
Thanks for the response. Poles been in about 2 months.
I did not plan on getting into the depth of my issue without first properly testing my water. I have ordered a FAS/DPD chlorine test kit and should be able to report back the results.
And I will update my signature with pertinent info on my pool.
One thing to note is, yesterday I raised my chlorine level and the stain went 80% away.
But rather than you having to guess at my issue because of lack of information I will wait for my tester and report back.
Thanks for the info already provided.

You will get a better deal with the TF100 but that is up to you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.