Low pressure on return side

bluegirl

Aug 13, 2013
Ontario Canada
This just started. Pump runs about 11/12 normally. Now, lots of suction at the skimmer. Low pressure at return jets and the pump is running at 5/8PSI and surging. Took the pump apart, lubed the rings, impeller turning fine and started it up, no change. Back washed filter and glass is clear. Must be a clog, but where. FYI solar heaters in line which are off. Easy solution please, just heading away on vacation & house sitter coming over. Not relaxing!

A surging pump is almost always an air leak on the suction side. Check that the pump strainer basket lid is sealing properly and that there is enough water in the pool so no vortex forms in the skimmer that could draw air in.

Had to break down and have the pool guys over as I was heading away on vacation with housesitter soon to arrive. There was a leak at the pump union. Can't believe I couldn't figure it out myself. Not bad tho, only $115. I guess they have the luxury of pressurizing the lines to help them pinpoint the area. Live and learn. She's running tickety boo now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.