I need to add Calcium Chloride to my pool

Jun 16, 2014
burleson
I got a TF-100 test kit. 20k gallons, Gunite ?
Is Gunite the same thing as plaster?
All I know is its hard.
CH = 150.......
What should I use to raise CH to 300
Located in Ft. Worth Texas if that helps.
Thank you All!!

I didn't add the other stuff but...
FC= 1 ( gonna add 1 Gal 10%)
CC= 1
TC = 2
CYA = 20 (1 Gal Stabalizer)
CH = 150
TA = 100

You can add Calcium from the Pool Store or Wally World, I guess. I don't have a plaster pool but yours is on the low end. I'm going to assume the one from Wally World is good enough to use. If not, someone will be along to correct me. Get your CYA up and adjust the FC for a SLAM as you have 1CC. You can find the article for that here :lookhere: SLAMing Your Pool.

Welcome to TFP!

Recommended Pool Chemicals lists what you can use. You might have a hard time finding the deicer stuff this time of year, though.

The other alternative is to chlorinate with Cal-hypo until CH reaches the safe zone and then resume using bleach. Under Effects of Adding Chemicals in Poolmath, you can see that twenty pounds of 73% Cal-hypo will raise CH by 61, which will get you into the safe zone, although at half a pound a day to chlorinate, it will take you until August to get there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.