Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need to add Calcium Chloride to my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

I need to add Calcium Chloride to my pool

I got a TF-100 test kit. 20k gallons, Gunite ?
    Is Gunite the same thing as plaster?
    All I know is its hard.
    CH = 150.......
    What should I use to raise CH to 300
    Located in Ft. Worth Texas if that helps.
    Thank you All!!

I didn't add the other stuff but...
    FC= 1 ( gonna add 1 Gal 10%)
    CC= 1
    TC = 2
    CYA = 20 (1 Gal Stabalizer)
    CH = 150
    TA = 100

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: I need to add Calcium Chloride to my pool

You can add Calcium from the Pool Store or Wally World, I guess. I don't have a plaster pool but yours is on the low end. I'm going to assume the one from Wally World is good enough to use. If not, someone will be along to correct me. Get your CYA up and adjust the FC for a SLAM as you have 1CC. You can find the article for that here SLAMing Your Pool.

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: I need to add Calcium Chloride to my pool

Recommended Pool Chemicals lists what you can use. You might have a hard time finding the deicer stuff this time of year, though.

The other alternative is to chlorinate with Cal-hypo until CH reaches the safe zone and then resume using bleach. Under Effects of Adding Chemicals in Poolmath, you can see that twenty pounds of 73% Cal-hypo will raise CH by 61, which will get you into the safe zone, although at half a pound a day to chlorinate, it will take you until August to get there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!