Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First pool tests with my new TF-100

1. Back To Top    #1

First pool tests with my new TF-100

I posted this in my introduction thread, but I realize it probably should've been here instead.
    Here is my first set of numbers:

PH 7.6-7.7

FC 8

CC 0

CH 425

TA 70

CYA 50

Those were at noon yesterday. Last night at around 10pm I checked the PH and FC again and got 7.8 and 7.5 respectively. I had turned the SWG down a bit when I got the FC of 8 yesterday.

The SWG has 5 plates in it, so I believe that makes it a Resilience A5 which is rated for a pool up to 40K gallons. The pump does not have a timer on it, so it runs 24/7. I will put a stop to that as soon as I have a chance to wire in a timer. One thing I am wondering about is the mineral pack that they were using. I took it out when we took possession of the house. It has a center core that dispenses tri-chlor. The outer pack says it has silver chloride and something else. I can't remember what it was. I didn't see anything about copper on it, so hopefully that means I don't have copper in the pool. I'm gonna see if a local pool store can check the salt and metal content for me. I'm also planning on adding a little CYA, and some acid to keep the PH in check. How does everything else look?

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First pool tests with my new TF-100

I'm guessing it is dichlor, unless your tap water is hard where you live. The reason I say that is your CH is high, and CYA is not.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

It may have been dichlor. I'll double check tonight. That part was empty either way. Our water is pretty hard here. I need to test my fill water. I haven't gotten around to that yet.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

The frog system had trichlor. It also says silver chloride and carbonate. Is that silver or copper carbonate I wonder? I think I also found why the CH is so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the numbers I ran on my fill water.
    FC 1
    PH 7.6
    TA 150
    CH 175

5. Back To Top    #5

According to pool math it looks like I need to add some CYA. I'll add the recommended amount to make a step to 60, then later add more to get to 70. Add some acid to drop ph to 7.5. The CH is a little high, but the CSI is in the safe range, so I assume it will just get diluted with rainwater eventually. Does all that sound about right?