How I removed the copper bars from my intex SWG and plugged the holes in the cap

You don't want copper in the water. It's unnecessary and causes staining and green hair.

I had unplugged them and they were just hanging there taunting me. Some of the guys on here mentioned removing the bars in addition to unplugging them. I don't remember exactly why. But I figured they could still be putting copper into the water. Not to mention, it looks better without the copper bars.

The Copper helps sanitize the water I think. But unfortunately the copper will turn blond hair green. The guys on here recommend disconnecting them. I just went one better and removed them altogether. Basically because I could.

Angie, did you have problems with stains or green hair before you removed the bars? I've had my SWG for 3 years now with no problems associated with copper. The other 3 people I know with Intex SWGs haven't either. I wonder if this is an actual problem for other Intex SWG users.

Still, awesome hack!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No green hair. Just saw no reason for them to be there if they weren't plugged in. That and I like to play with all this stuff and wanted to see if there was a way to plug the holes if I took the bars out. I had it in my own little mind that it may obstruct the flow a little so I wanted them out.
I loved my saltwater generator but it died about a year after I took the bars out . It was not fixable . So I replaced it with a HASA coordinator. I've just about got the hang of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.