Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic pump switch not turning pool on

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic pump switch not turning pool on

I have a fiberglass 10,000 gallon in ground pool with an Intermatic timer. Today I was in the pool all day and the pump was on from it's regular time...10-5. Around 5pm I decide to vacuum the pool (which I need the pump to be on for) and as soon as I came in, the pump timer went off, shutting the pool pump off (I didn't even realize that it was 5 already, or I wouldn't have even bothered to vacuum). Anyways, I went over to the pump to manually switch it back on, and it would not turn on. I have been messing with the on/off trippers, trying to get in on now for about 45 minuets, but it will not go on...anybody know what the problem could be?

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Intermatic pump switch not turning pool on

Change the time. Right after it shuts off, you can't turn it on because the trippers are in the way. So set the clock forward an hour or two and it should flip on just fine. Then set it back when you're done.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!