pensacola,fl
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I first off want to say hi to everyone and thanks for this website. There is so much useful information in this site. I am a first time inground pool owner. I have had multiple above ground pools though. My question is I have a Pentair Intelliflow variable speed pump. Right now it set up to run at 2450 rpm for 10 hours a day. I'm wondering if I could get away with a lower RPM for a longer period. If I could run it about 1500 RPM for 24 hours a day I would save approximately 5000 watts a day. What are your thoughts on how long to run this pool and what RPM? Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to help with.

Many variables are involved in how long you need your pump to run, but realistically you only need the minimum amount of time to filter the water and keep it clear and circulate any chemicals. You don't show a SWCG in your signature, so you don't have that variable to add to the mix. You will probably need to experiment with speeds and run time before you can dial in what your specific pool needs.

- - - Updated - - -

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Check out this article from Pool School and post back if you still have questions: Determine Pump Run Time
oops, I forgot about that article.......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.