No problem, just an FYI for those with Intex pools.

May 22, 2008
Florida
I havent posted in a while. Simply because everyones advice here works. Even for the inexpensive Intex (or the like) pools -which is just what I have.

I use the TFP test kit as per the step by step instructions on the lid, got my water specs to the "ideal" levels and check it once a day. I scoop out any crud on the bottom (I have live oaks over the top of the pool) and I keep the filter running all day (that is my personal prefference). This takes me all of ten minutes -maybe.

I was having issues with the water getting cloudy for no known reason. I have since figured out what was causing this. A gunky filter! If you remove your filter cartridge once or twice a week (depending on bather load) and use a hose sprayer with a nice jet on it, just spray the paper portion of the cartridge all the way around, up and down, and even opening each fold and getting in there.. you will see your filter go from icky grey/black to sparkling white and your water will clear rather quickly.

The only real issue I am having now (if you could call it that) is the tree frogs who have taken up residence in the "tunnels" created with the liner wrapping around the tubes. Its ok, until you go for a late night swim and see little frogs all around you croaking (I dont like creepy crawlys -to me frogs count). When just enjoying the backyard and listening to them croak its actually rather nice.

So, listen to what everyone here has to say, it works. Even for the inexpensive pools you pick up at Walmart!

~Alli

Alli, I also have an Intex pool and I love my pool. I spray my filter at least every other day but because I am a freak about my pool it is usually every day. Another thing you can do if you have the side scimmer is use a nylon as a skimmer sock. You have tree frogs and my problem is my cat. He has decided it is fun to jump up and walk around the top of my pool. Specially at night the goofball. I swear if he puts a claw thru my pool he is toast.

I totally agree with you about the advice on this site.

IT IS PRICELESS!

I also clean my cartridge every other day or so, I only have 2 filters and one is kept clean for quick changes.

Right now I'm searching all the old posts so I can figure out how I'm going to hook up a sand filter while trying to use the Intex hoses or even if I can do that.
My pool uses the 1 1/4" clear hoses and right now I just have those hose clamped onto the larger 1 1/2" Intex white hoses to use with my upgraded filter pump.

And I agree, the info I have found here is PRICELESS :goodjob:

I learn something new here everyday.

Crzyfrlss1 said:
My pool uses the 1 1/4" clear hoses and right now I just have those hose clamped onto the larger 1 1/2" Intex white hoses to use with my upgraded filter pump.

And I agree, the info I have found here is PRICELESS :goodjob:

Yes, you can hook up a sand filter to your Intex pool.. I did. :-D Are you using hose clamps to hook the hoses 1 1/4" hose to the 1 1/2" hoses? If you are, then all you have to do it clamp the 1 1/2" hoses to the normal pump, probably just like you have for the two hose connection.

Oh yeah, I TOTALLY agree with your second statement!

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.