Slightly Cloudy Water

Apr 14, 2013
Ohio
For a few days we have had water that is slightly cloudy. You can still see the pattern on the liner at the bottom, just not as crisp of water as it was. I did the SLAM process a week ago, did not take much bleach at all to keep the level up, and we did not loose even 1 overnight on the FC. I have cleaned the filter multiple times and the pump is running 24/7 for the past week. Here was this mornings test results:

CYA 30
FC 4 (keep it between 4 & 5 typically)
CC 0 (doesn't even turn back the slightest shade of pink)
Alkalinity 100
PH 7.5 (it was higher last night, used muriatic acid to get back in range)
CH 200

I'm not sure if we need to SLAM again. Another question, is it ok to swim while the SLAM process is going on, or not until FC gets back to our normal range.

We have a Hayward Swimpro Cartridge filter. I cleaned it last night again to be sure, and it has been much worse. We are seeing some sediment of some sort appear on the pool despite daily vacuuming as well.

-Hartley

We have a Hayward Swimpro Cartridge filter. I cleaned it last night again to be sure, and it has been much worse. We are seeing some sediment of some sort appear on the pool despite daily vacuuming as well.

-Hartley
Does the sediment look like spider webs or dust bunnies and go poof and disappear when it gets touched by the vacuum? That's dead algae settling out and clumping.

Sediment looks more like fine sand that collects in the ripples of the liner bottom, it is dark as well. We have had tons of rain over the last week, if that impacts things at all. Thanks again for the help so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.