Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slightly Cloudy Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Slightly Cloudy Water

For a few days we have had water that is slightly cloudy. You can still see the pattern on the liner at the bottom, just not as crisp of water as it was. I did the SLAM process a week ago, did not take much bleach at all to keep the level up, and we did not loose even 1 overnight on the FC. I have cleaned the filter multiple times and the pump is running 24/7 for the past week. Here was this mornings test results:

CYA 30
    FC 4 (keep it between 4 & 5 typically)
    CC 0 (doesn't even turn back the slightest shade of pink)
    Alkalinity 100
    PH 7.5 (it was higher last night, used muriatic acid to get back in range)
    CH 200

I'm not sure if we need to SLAM again. Another question, is it ok to swim while the SLAM process is going on, or not until FC gets back to our normal range.
    30' Aqua Leader Sentinelle 54" Wall Height Above Ground Pool
    ~22000 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slightly Cloudy Water

What kind of filter do you have? Sand filters take a long time to clear superfine sediment.

You can swim all the way up to shock level, so anything below 12 is fine.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

We have a Hayward Swimpro Cartridge filter. I cleaned it last night again to be sure, and it has been much worse. We are seeing some sediment of some sort appear on the pool despite daily vacuuming as well.

-Hartley
    ~22000 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by hjgrimm View Post
    We have a Hayward Swimpro Cartridge filter. I cleaned it last night again to be sure, and it has been much worse. We are seeing some sediment of some sort appear on the pool despite daily vacuuming as well.

-Hartley
    Does the sediment look like spider webs or dust bunnies and go poof and disappear when it gets touched by the vacuum? That's dead algae settling out and clumping.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Sediment looks more like fine sand that collects in the ripples of the liner bottom, it is dark as well. We have had tons of rain over the last week, if that impacts things at all. Thanks again for the help so far.
    ~22000 Gallons