Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Desperate ----- leak !

1. Back To Top    #1

Desperate ----- leak !

Hi
    I have finally managed to plumb in a new heat pump for my intex 15ft above ground pool. HOWEVER, the last pipe goes from a glued joint, connecting to a valve in the bypass set up, to an intex chlorinator.
    ( The pipe from the filter to the bypass area is also an Intex one and I managed to connect this by sawing off the flange at one end and packing out the inside of the glue type connector with some thin plastic from a CD "cake" cover as the end is slightly smaller than standard 1.5 inch pipe)
    The pipe to the chlorinator turns out to have a slightly smaller still diameter ;( I tried two pieces of plastic but it will not stick water tight if I chopped off the whole end I don't see I could seal the flexible area of the pipe......
    Does anyone have a suggestion please before my water turns green ?
    Thanks

Peter

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Desperate ----- leak !

Hi Peter and welcome.... Have you though about trying a section of rubber hosing with hose clamps??? That's a quick fix..... I believe you can pick them up at any good hardware store... I've seen a couple of people on here use them...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Desperate ----- leak !

Many thanks.
    In my panic state I hadn't thought of that sort of fix at all
    I'll give it a try

Thanks again