Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool lighting

1. Back To Top    #1

pool lighting

Hi,
    I have fiberstar fiberoptic lights in my pool and am noticing that that the lights have a different color hue than they used to and are not illuminating the pool like they used to when new. I looked a the lenses and I see that there is water condensation in them. How much would this affect the illumination, and is this something that is very costly to repair,
    Thanks,
    Jane

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool lighting

Not familiar with the light, but droplets of water will act like a prism and spread the light into different colors like a rainbow. As far as cost to repair, no clue. Hopefully someone all knowing will show up soon.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pool lighting

Thanks for your reply. I am afraid to invest a great deal into the lighting, considering the age of the system. Has anyone tried the ultra light that floats in the pool? Its certainly not going to be as beautiful as the fiber optics were, but at this point it would allow us to swim at night. Also, there is a light called nitelights, that mounts on the side of the pool and has multiple changing colors. Doe anyone have any input on that?