Sutton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Just replaced an old SuperFlo 1.5 hp with an IntelliFlo VF. I'm getting an EasyTouch soon to go with it, but for now, I need to know how to setup it up independently.

I have a 32,000 gallon pond shapes pool with a IC40, Hayward HeatPro HP21404T heat pump, a pentair clear and clean cartridge filter and a waterfall. I'm looking to keep the pool between 88 and 90 degrees.

How should I program the IntelliFlo VF?

Thanks

There are a couple of different things you need to find out by experimentation. The first is what is the lowest speed you can run the pump at so that everything except the waterfall works consistently (but not less than 1,000 RPM). Chances are the IC40 will be the limiting factor of how slow you can run the pump, but you never know. You want to use this low speed for pool circulation and filtering. Lower speeds save money on electricity, but you still want to skimmers skimming effectively, the SWG happy, and the heater happy with the flow rate.

Then you need to figure out a (presumably) higher speed that works well with the waterfall. That is more of an esthetic decision. Adjust things so the waterfall looks the way you want it to look.

Thanks for the quick response. I find this forum to be very responsive, friendly and informative.

I don't plan on running the waterfall continuously. Just when entertaining.

I forgot to mention that I live in the Massachusetts, and tend to keep a solar cover on the pool when not in use. I currently have a have blue cover, but a friend suggested switching to a clear diamond cover that apparently absorbs solar heat better. Also, I like to only run the heat pump when the air temperature is over 70, since I think it's more efficient then.

The IC40 recommend flow between 25 and 80 gpm, but will function up to 105.

The min/max for the HeatPro is 30/25 gpm.me the nominal rate of 47 gpm.

Help setting up EasyTouch to increase IntelliFlo VF pump when heat pump runs

I installed an EasyTouch to control my pool equipment.

32k pond shaped vinyl pool
IntelliFlo VF pumps
IntelliChlor IC40
Hayward HeatPro 21104T heat hump
Waterfall
EasyTouch 8SP
Autelis EasyTouch controller
IntelliBrite 5G pool light

I have the HeatPro heat pump connected to the HEATER interface on the EasyTouch, and the EasyTouch starts and stops the heater at the right temperature.

I've set up the EasyTouch to run the IntelliFlo VF 1 cycle in 24 hours. It appears that with no custom pump circuits enabled, the pump runs at 22 GPM. I assume the EasyTouch calculates this from pool size (32K) cycle count (1 per day) and run time (24 hours). I added 2 custom pump cycled to increase the pool flow when features are enabled. The first circuit increases the flow to 50 GPM when the waterfall is enabled. This works fine. When I turn on the waterfall, the flow increased to 50 GPM, and when the waterfall is turned off, it goes back to 22 GPM. The second circuit is suppose to increase the flow to 47 GPM when the heater is running. But when the heater turns on, the flow stays at 22 GPM.

How do I configure the EasyTouch to increase the flow when the heater is running. BTW, I chose 47 GPM from the HeatPro manual, when says 47 is the nominal flow for the heat pump.

Thank for your help.

You need to set a flow rate directly on the heater, not on a separate aux circuit.

Also, it isn't such a good idea to use flow based speeds, especially at lower flow rates. The flow sensor is very imprecise at low flow rates and you are likely to end up running slower than the most efficient speed. For anything below 35 GPM, I would use 1,000 RPM instead.

I'm not sure what you mean by setting the the flow on the heater. I have a Hayward HeatPro, so there is no data cable between the heater and the EasyTouch, just a relay cable to switch the heater on. And there doesn't appear to be a flow setting in the EasyTouch heater menu.

As for setting the flow to a low GPM rate, I didn't do that directly. The EasyTouch set the rate to 22 based on parameters. I don't see a way to directly set the flow, except through custom pump circuit, which I set to 47 GPM for the heater (which didn't work) and 50 GPM for the waterfall (which did work). I have now changed the schedule to run from 9AM to 6PM, instead of 24 hours, and that adjusted the rate to 30 GPM.

I don't see a way to specify RPM instead of GPM on the EasyTouch for an IntelliFlo VF pump. At least not through the Autelis interface.

I was talking about inside the EasyTouch menus. Each item in the EasyTouch world has an associated pump speed/flow rate. You set the flow rate for the heater on the heater setup page in the EasyTouch. Likewise, you can set speed/flow rates for the pump and each of the aux circuits in the EasyTouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.